Thursday, April 5, 2007

Who Has Invaded Whose Territory?



As usual, I would cross the busy Jalan Sultan Ismail right in front of my office and walk to take LRT at Dang Wangi Station after work. As the routine went, I crossed half of the road, stood on the divider in the middle of the road and waited for the chance to finish crossing the other half of the road, While I was waiting expressionlessly on the divider, I saw a creature which was also crossing the busy Jalan Sultan Ismail. What???!!! How could it be? I blinked my eyes to verify if I would be seeing the same thing what my eyesight processed to be true just a moment ago. And yes, confirmed! It’s a monkey! What the hell was the monkey doing at Jalan Sultan Ismail at this kind of peak hour???

The monkey seemed very unsettled when crossing the road, demonstrating fear and reluctance in its steps. It stepped back and forth in the middle of the road indecisively. A car almost hit the monkey but fortunately managed to stop right in front of the creature. Phew! Or else, you can imagine what’s next. Cars at the back would kiss each other asses and trigger traffic jam!

There were many unanswered questions in my mind. What the hell was the monkey doing on the road? Where was it from? Was it lost? Was it out for an evening stroll? Why was it there? It lead to another question too: Who has actually invaded whose territory, between human being and monkey? Comprehensively, development will be able to provide a good answer for this.

No comments: