Monday, April 2, 2007

As Skinny As Me


I went to pasar malam at Taman Megah tonight. While walking in the crowd, I saw a girl who is skinnier than me! I was like hitting a jackpot and laughed out loud. Ahahaha… Of course I didn’t laughed openly, but in my heart.

Yes, whenever I see someone, especially girl who is skinnier than me, I will laugh out loud evilly if my friends are around and if the girl is quite a distance from me. If I am alone, I will keep the laughter to myself. Wondering why? Hehe…. I was born to be skinny, inheriting the gene from my family. Among my siblings, I used to be the skinniest but this position has been taken over by my 3rd sis in recent years. Being too skinny isn’t really a good thing. Thus whenever I see someone skinnier than me, I would feel blessed a little as God is not too bad to me and I am not the ‘worst case’. Ahhaahhaahaha…

No matter how much I eat, and sleep, I won’t gain weight or flesh easily. Indeed I can loose weight easily, just within a few days. Marvelous huh? I can still recall that during those long school holiday breaks, I could just eat, sleep, relax, and basically do nothing for 2-3 months without putting on some weight. Whereas if I don’t take breakfast properly or fall sick, I can easily loose some precious weight within few days. Is this pathetic or a blessing?

I wonder if my habits of eating contribute to my skininess to certain extend. I don't like to eat bread and chocolate, and seldom eat junk food. I only eat the 3 main meals (portion not small) and whenever I am hungry. Of course, I do eat and yum cha when hanging out with friends though I am not hungry. :)

A lot of people would say to me, good for you, can eat as much as you can without the worry of getting fat. Well, they only see the good side about this skinny ‘phenomenon’, but never really understand my agony of being too skinny. Looking too skinny isn’t really attractive physically. I also have the problem when it comes to buying clothes. They are either too loose or too big for me. Getting a nice and fitting 1-piece skirt or dinner wear is a luxury for me. Normally this kind of outfit will look disastrous on me. The problem definitely lies on my body, not the skirt. Sigh… very often, though having the money, I can only appreciate those nice skirts by just having a look at them rather than buying them. Well, put it this way, this saves me a lot of money though. Hahhahaha…

There was once, I was at Subang Jaya and the wind was blowing furiously. My hair was blown till I looked like a mad woman. The worst part was I felt a little unstable and couldn’t really stand firmly on the ground as if the gravity was going to fail to work on me. A little exaggerated though, but I really felt i was a litlte unstable and maybe the wind could actually blow me away if it’s stronger. Ahahaha….

Thus, people always crown me with 2 honours, which I can only smile at them:
1. Soak you in the oil you also won’t get oily (referring to fat, which has the same pronunciation as oily in Cantonese).
2. The wind can easily blow you away.

Recent years, leading a sedentary working life, I have gained some weight and my hips get bigger, enabling me to wear those skirts or pants which will normally drop straight when I put them on. The heyday of weight is 48kg. That was after heavy eating continuously for a few days during my Pinnacle hiking trip in last May. The rest of time, it fluctuates between 45-47kg. I wish it could reach 50kg one fine day.

If there ever invented such technology that can mix and balance the weight/flesh of someone skinny and someone who wants to shed some, wouldn’t you think it would be a savior for a lot of people?

But if every is so perfect, the meaning of imperfection, which is to teach us to be more humble will be lost. Right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I hate you!! I hate you!! Hahahhaha!! You don't wish to be the other way. Seriously. Being skinny is much much better than being overweight. Seriously.

jaong1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.