Sunday, April 1, 2007

A Little Luck, A Little Fortune, A Little Happiness



Finally, my voyage of blogging has begun, at this very moment, to record the moments of life. Thanks to pig head and kaiyih for their encouragements.What should I begin with? BL suggested mahjung but I think there is something happier to kick start with. OK, let me begin with this little fortune that I stroke recently on dad’s birthday.

It was my dad’s 66th birthday on 25 March 2007, a Sunday. I went back for that weekend and had a simple enough so called birthday celebration for him with mum. It wasn’t really a celebration, with no birthday cake, no restaurant food, but my mum’s delicious abalone scallop chicken soup, steam Kurau fish with fried gallic and onion leaves toppings, and another dish of vegetable. Yummy yummy...The food was damn good! Oh yeah, I love my mum’s cooking, especially soup. For those who know me well, you know my expectation on food. My siblings didn’t come back, but they did call home to wish him. I had no big present for him but an insignificant amount of cash.

Before I headed back to KL with YY on that Sunday evening, I bet on 3243. 243 = birthday, added prefix 3 as it’s March. Don't ask me why I know the representative 3 digits for birthday. All I can tell you is my mum is a walking dictionary in this area, a damn good consultant if you need to know what number represents what. I grew up observing her betting on 4D. Naturally, i pick up the knowledge. Anyway, I seldom bet on 4D, only occasionally or once in a while, not a constant supporter like my mum. Hahaha... She will never know that I am writing this about her in my blog.

After dropping YY at Bukit OUG, I headed back to PJ. While driving, I got a call from home. Well well, there were only 2 possibilities, it’s either I left something at home or I strike 4D. When I picked up the call, unbelievable! Mum said that I stroke 4D, the last 3 digits of the 1st prize, 6243! Wow Wow wow, was it real?! It was! My bet wasn’t big, only 2 chickens (RM2) split into ‘4 flavors’, thus getting a prize of RM460. You know what I am talking about if you have the experience in betting in 4D. :P Dad and mum also stroke for the same amount of prize of RM460. Yeah! Triple happiness… Wahahahahaha…… I have a reason to laugh out loud. I was damn happy and felt so good for I seldom have this kind of luck. The effect lasts till today though there have been few days passed.

Have not been such lucky for a long long time…Thanks lady luck for shining on me, and bestowing this little fortune and happiness on me, at time filled with stress and unhappiness. It has a turn around effect, changing the entire emotion from negative to positive, and instilling in me with new hope and power. Lady Luck, hope you can shine on me more. :)

In the complicated world today, we have too many reasons to feel unhappy, and only a few reasons to feel happy. Sometimes we tend to forget, that simplicity is happiness.

No comments: