Monday, February 9, 2009

Food Overdosed, So So Full!

Today is Chap Goh Meh, the 15th and the last day of Chinese New Year. Am glad that CNY has finally come to an end.

Never thought that I would be eating excessively during this CNY. In fact, I had been eating moderately during the first 7 days of CNY back in hometown to avoid feeling disgusted eating the same CNY dishes almost everyday. No, I don't have any weight issue and neither do I need to control my eating to avoid gaining some extra weight. I was born to be skinny and it's something in the gene. :)

Somehow, when I was back to work, I had a round of office Lou Sang ala Thai at Kinarree, a Thai restaurant located at Jaya One, Section 13, Petaling Jaya. The food was not bad generally but not to be rated as excellent. I am not really a fan of Yu Sang, but I must say that their Salmon Yu Sang, comprising mainly veggie and fruit (pomelo, find it quite special) without any coloured ingredients was good. I love the dish.


After the Lou Sang session, I thought that's it and there would be no more CNY gluttony. Well, thing didn't seem to be the way I expected it to be when some unplanned and impromptu dinners with friends came up.

Went to Jaya One again with 2 friends on Saturday for dinner. After walking around, exploring the food options available there, we settled for Fire BBQ Steamboat buffet since they was promotion. It's buffet style, I quite enjoyed the first round of food and we ordered another round of it.

As we continued eating, we started to feel full and were struggling hard to stuff ourselves with the food in order to finish it. Fortunately, there were fire performances by a macho tattoed guy at intervals and we took a break to peep at the performances as we were sitting quite a distance from the stage.

We struggled really hard and we finally managed to finish the food. I don't take beef, hence the 2 guys had no choice but to finish the excessive beef balls while I handled the pork balls. I was full till dropped and kept burping. It's an eating session with meat balls overloaded till our faces also looked a bit like meat balls! LOL! Think I am probably not gonna have any meat ball for the next 3-6 months! We then adjourned to have coffee to get rid of of the meat ball taste lingering in our mouths. Haha :D

I was so full and felt very bloated till I couldn't really sleep that night. Aftermath was I had constipation the next day as a result of eating too much and too full!

It was Sunday afternoon, I initially planned to just rest at home but another dinner appointment just got set via MSN with an ex-colleague whom I have not met for quite some time. We decided to have dinner at Sushi Zaimai at The Gardens, Mid Valley.

There were only 2 of us but we actually ordered and ate quite a lot. Pictures below are only showing some of the food we ate. We had Tofu and Chawamushi too. I was feeling so so full again on Sunday night!



What a weekend of excessive gluttony! I was so so so full, 2 nights in a row!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok one. You are so skinny, can eat more! :P