Monday, February 4, 2008

Home

I am home! After driving for 2 hours 15 mins for a journey of 210KM alone on the North-South Highway, I am finally home to start my Chinese New Year holidays.

It's really a relief that the traffic was smooth and there was no jam at all. Glad that I have strategically made the right choice of day to go home to avoid the massive jam.

Sorethroat is slowly subsiding but I am still coughing like no body's business. Damn hate coughing! Turned the air-cond to blow side way to avoid irritating my throat but I still coughed sporadically while driving on my journey home. It was very torturing! It had given me a little excuse to speed a little to reach home faster, as the traffic was damn clear.

Going home for Chinese New Year is supposed to be something happy and exciting... but it seems to have also become a nightmare of massive traffic jam which is really testing patience.

Last year's experience was a total nightmare. I attemped to go home 'twice' on the same day before I actually got home. The jam started right after Damansara Toll in PJ and after about 1 & 1/2 hours, I still hadn't reached Sungai Buloh! If you are a frequent traveler on the North-South Highway, you know what I am talking about. I wanted to pee so much, but the traffic was not moving, and the nearest rest point was nowhere to be seen. If I continued to get stuck like that, my urine bladder was going to burst for sure. When I was near the Gurthrie highway exit to Shah Alam/Klang, I made the decision to exit and detour back to PJ to sleep, of course to settle the urgent business first! I went back again at night. It was still jam but less jam and more tolerable. I was glad for my decision to detour. The massive jam was from Damansara Toll to Jelapang Toll in Ipoh, covering 200 over Kilometers and it was covered in the front page of all the major newspapers! It took 6-8 hours for a journey of 2 hours plus to reach home if I chose to continue the journey in daytime.

Enough of recalling last year's experience. Dog tired of driving and coughing today, but feel peaceful as I am home and not part of the victims of the massive jam this year. Time to hit the sack.

Wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year. For those who are traveling home, safe journey home. For those who can't come home for Chinese New Year for a reason or another, Happy Chinese New Year too and home is where the heart is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. gong xi fa cai.

I will be back on 8th Feb. Duwan to stay too long in kampong.

Anonymous said...

Gong Xi! Gong Xi! Happy New Year!

ml said...

ky, ya staying too long there is a bit boring.

zing, happy new year to u too! welcome back!