Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Coughing Chinese New Year

I am back from Chinese New Year holidays!

Had a miserable coughing CNY back in hometown. I headed home for CNY with sorethroat and cough, at the very wrong time. When I was back home, sorethroat had subsided but the cough had worsened exponentially.

Chicken being one of the main dishes almost on a daily basis during CNY, I took a few pieces of them and 1 piece of dried meat made of chicken. Believe it or not? Like a curse, my slowly subsiding cough had worsened dramatically and drastically! I coughed terribly at night till 3-4 am at midnight, waking up my whole family with my disturbing cough. The saying of not to take chicken when one is having cough has been testified and proven to hold some truths! So, touch wood, if you ever get cough next time, never ever take chicken or you'll suffer! Don't play play!

So, no Mandarin Oranges, cookies, cold drink, and hot and spicy food for me this CNY. Lots of food and drink that I couldn't really take though they were right in front of me! Kanasai! It was darn demotivating! I was losing appetite and didn't really each much.

The weather was super hot, like sauna. I was staying at home most of the time, resting, watching TV, playing with my niece and nephews, had mahjung with sisters or went online. Well, while online, people kept sending me different URL with photos of Edison Chen sex scandal, which is one of the hottest news in town now. :) Didn't manage to catch up with many friends, only managed to meet up with Ms. Aeroplane and WL who's back from Sydney for CNY with hubby and little Isaac. Ang Pow? Not to mention. I didn't get much as I didn't visit any relatives or friends except Ms. Aeroplane and WL.

The only delighting moment was when mum, dad and my second sister stroke 4D on the New Year Eve. I was happy for them though I didn't strike any. Since it's CNY, everyone was having the mentality of 'once a year only' to bet or gamble in order to 'fatt choy'(strike fortune). Almost my whole family members were betting on a few streets long of numbers EACH, which was a bit too 'happening', like money isn't money. Anyway, this would ONLY happen during CNY, never during normal days.

It short, it was quite a boring CNY. I have coughed away my CNY and 1kg of hard gained weight! 1kg means a lot to me! For me, gaining 1kg of weight is as hard as some people trying to lose it. Give me back 1kg of weight!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naah.. take 10 kgs... I don't want it back please!

yuin said...

yeah, you can have my 2kg's too. free of charge

Anonymous said...

eat more chocolate? :P

ml said...

gina & yuin, thanks so much for your generosity. but yuin, since u r already so skinny, after giving me 2kg, can u still stand stably when wind blows ah? haha :D

zing, chocolate ah? errr... i don't like to eat chocolate one wor. :)