Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Day Less Spicy

I am down with sore thoat. Ouch!

I have quite high endurance on physical pain. The real pain I am experiencing now is not so much on the soreness of the throat but the pain of not being able to eat spicy food in order to avoid aggravating and prolonging my sore throat condition.

When it comes to eating, having something spicy is almost a daily affair, be it sambal belacan, chili padi or at least something spicy.

I was supposed to go to see doctor this morning before going in to the office. Unfortunately, I realised that my wallet was just left with RM3 which is not even enough to pay the RM5 co-payment at the panel clinic. To save the hassle of making a big detour to withdraw money before heading to the clinic, I changed my plan to only visit the doctor during lunch or after work.

When I reached the office, I had a cup of plain Milo 'kao' with a few pieces of biscotti from La Manila for breakfast. Breakfast was safe, spice free. Hehe...

A friend was coming over to look for me for an impromptu lunch. Considering my throat condition, obviously I had to eat something not spicy and indirectly it would normally equal to something plain which would not satisfy my taste bud. Friend asked what I wanted to eat. I told him I am having sore throat and threw him back the question. I was cracking my head on what to eat and the seafood noodle from 潮州铭 (Chiu Chow Ming in Cantonese) at SS2, which is famous for its seafood porridge and noodle crossed my mind! Yes, this is me, won't forget about good food though having sore throat. LOL!

Off we went, heading to the shop. Friend had Shark Fin Seafood Meesua (1 of the famous dishes there) and I had my Mixed Seafood Clear Soup Meehoon. We ordered another plate of Mango Kerabu for sharing. My seafood soup was rich and tasted heavenly with fresh seafood and ingredients such as prawn, squid, fish, fishball, minced pork, seaweed, veggie, and crunchy fried garlic as topping. Yummy! Too bad, no food pic this round. I was too busy eating and too lazy to take pic though I had my camera with me... and now I regret. LOL! Guess what, I just couldn't resist and took a little bit of Sambal Belacan. Yes, A LITTLE BIT ONLY, probably 1/3 of the pathetically half filled small saucer. This is really nothing compared to my normal consumption. Conclusion - Lunch with a little bit of Sambal Belacan, super low intake to satisfy the craving for it and to feel bad less. Eat Sambal first, see doctor later! LOL!

I went to see doctor after lunch before heading back to office.

It's dinner time, I had Kai Lan fried with Roast Pork (Kan Lai Chow Siew Yook). It was so delicious! I was so tempted to add in some Chili Padi but I managed to resist doing so. Phew! Dinner was safe from anything spicy!

Not bad, I have survived a 'less spicy' day, but my throat is still sore. Hope I can have '0' spicy food intake tomorrow. I hope so... :P

No comments: