Monday, July 21, 2008

Where Do I Go From Here?


Have been in KL for about 10 years. I am kind of tired of this city and don't quite feel the sense of belonging here. Like many others from outstation who study in KL, I stay here to work after completing my Degree, as a matter of course. Recently, the thought of getting out of KL has been lingering in my mind. If I were to leave KL one day, some great friends made here and some of the delicious food would definitely be something that I miss the most.

At times, I was considering to go back to Ipoh for good, back to a town that I love and feel home for better quality of life, good food and more tranquility and peace of mind. But what can this town offer me in terms of job opportunity? Going back tantamount to letting go my career and probably have to start all over again by doing something else. Do I really have to wait till retirement?

I thought that I would never bother about politics and could never be bothered. I found that I am wrong when I am utterly digusted and pissed off with the ridiculous and sickening state of the nation the more I realise and feel the impact of what is going on. I bother and it bothers me though that's not my very choice. Prior to this, I had never thought of leaving the country, where I was born and bred. But now, I have this thought and given an opportunity, I will...

Too many thoughts in my mind, in search for a better place with better quality of life and more peace of mind. Depressed, sometimes I feel like hibernating or in need of a free fall which is only subject to the gravity of earth, to temporarily shut down my mind...

Where do I belong to? Where do I go from here? Where can I go? I wonder...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all have that feeling about moving away...even though outwardly we feel so at home in KL.

sometimes we procrastinate the idea,
sometimes we just sweep in under the carpet...

sometimes i wonder is it really the location or our heart that makes the difference

hugs,
datin

Anonymous said...

the current situation in our country forces us to rethink our next plan. sometimes, it's really ridiculous to be living in a country running by morons. it made us wonder why are we paying these monkeys to run the country.

however, we need to think - the grass is always greener on the other side.. till we step over and find out ourselves.

not everything is good. we have to take it in our stride.

imagine those countries having civil wars for years and genocide.. and we wonder will it happen here.. human are cruel beings.. and i hope, we won't have to experience such cruelty in any ways.

Anonymous said...

That's why I am not totally sure if I want to come back, although I always maintain that I have to come back for the folks back home. If you want to take a break, or want to see if you like it here, you are always welcome to be a guest at our place!! I will train Isaac to lead you to the guestroom when you arrive ; p
Wai Leng

Anonymous said...

maybe at this juncture you may feel as such, but after a while, the yearning to be in KL may be rekindled?

go for a holiday perhaps?
take care

ml said...

datin, people always say home is where the heart is, it holds some truth in it. thanks for the hugs!

gina, sigh, the economy is plunging, rm is shrinking, and people are suffering. maybe all the people should stop paying tax next year to show the morons who are the bosses.

waileng, if u r considering coming back or closer to home, singapore will be a better ground for you. Your skills & knowledge will be more appreciated in sg as compared to here, a screw up country. am actually traveling to melbourne on 27 sep - 10 oct with some friends. see if i can drop by sydney to visit you or else have to wait for another time. r u coming back for next chinese new year? didn't have much chance to play with isaac in during last cny in ipoh.

zing, thanks. maybe or maybe not, don't know lah... anyway, going to melbourne in sept and looking forward to it. at least 2 weeks with no eyes see. haha :)