Friday, November 30, 2007

How Come?!

Flying
It was a strange encounter. Time had brought me back to the food stalls at my hometown, before the place was renovated to a more organized hawker centre, I guess more than 15 years ago. It was at a stall near the drainage, where an uncle used to (he is still selling but now at the renovated hawker centre) sell my favourite fried wantan mee, I saw some familiar faces. I definitely know them but just couldn't recall their names. What were they up to, gathering there? I didn't know why I was there. I was just standing there observing these people.

OMG! They were putting up flying machine, which has a pair of wings (like an angel's) attached to each machine individually. One by one, off they flew up the sky, to start their journeys of adventure to somewhere. I noticed one of them wasn't maneuvering the flying machine well, flying a bit clumsily. I shouted, 'Hey, spread your wings, flip them! Fly like a bird!'

I was standing there, like an idiot, seeing one after another of them flying like a bird in the sky. Some thoughts suddenly stroke me. What the hell was going on? Were they imitating the Wright brothers? I believe I can fly? Don't we have aeroplane? Why were they flying? How come I wasn't flying with them? How come? How come?

Off I went. I didn't know how did I get to walk pass a corner near the staircase of an old shop house. KM and a friend were sitting there at a round table, having some books with them. 'Yii...? How come you guys are not flying with them?', I asked. 'We are not so much into the sky, more keen on the sea. We are planning to get open water certification to get our diving license.', replied KM's friend.

I was very confused with my encouter, with different people from different time put together for all these strange things that I had witnessed.

The Happening Gathering And The Black Guy
Within a flash of time, I was already at KY's place. AJ, JK, Gas Stove, KS (KY's sister), KY, and I were watching TV, munching junk food, bullshiting, and laughing loudly and happily in the living room. KY's mum, Sasha, Lok Lok and some of KY's other family members were also there, having a good time at the mini party. It was so damn happening and the atmosphere was filled with happiness and PEACE. Yes, it was peaceful, no blood shed, no war, no fighting between Gas Stove and JK. Both of them didn't stab at each other AT ALL! Hahaha... :D

I was sitting with my back facing the staircase. Sensing someone walking in, I spontaneously turned my head to check it out. I saw a black guy, dressed in a Taliban way, with his face covered with a piece of cloth, only leaving his eyes to be seen. I basically couldn't differentiate whether he was an Indian or a Negro as his skin complexion was so dark and he was nicely wrapped from face to toes. I stared right into his eyes and just felt uncomfortable with him. He was going upstairs without even saying a single word to anybody in the living room, treating everyone as transparent. I immediately asked KY, 'Eh, you know him ah?' KY replied that he's her uncle. Since when KY has a strange black guy as uncle? I was confused. How come? How come?

Back To The School
The noisy us, comprising JK, AJ, Gas Stove, KS, KY & I went to school together. Huh? Back to the school? I thought I have graduated from university and have been working for few years already? Since when I attended the same school with this combination of people? Anyway, JK, being the tallest and biggest in size and almost the eldest in age, acted as the gang leader (大鬼头). We were like a gang of mischievous students but far from gangsters, ok. Hahaha... We were late for classes, making a lot of noise during classes, and having fun in school. Was that real or just an illusion? I don't recall such memory in my life. Had I travelled to another continuum of time via the time machine? How come? How come?

The Kuih Sellers and The Exam
On a beautiful morning, KY was driving me to school to attend an exam. While walking to collect her car, I saw Gas Stove and KS, selling 'chai kuih' (flour skin stuffed with sengkuang slice [沙葛], kuchai [韭菜], and dried shrimp) at a stall at the road side. The 'chai kuih' were made by KY's mum. They were sitting there leisurely, chit-chatting while waiting for customers. Didn't they have to go to school? How come? How come?

KY drove me to the school with her Kenari. We headed to the exam hall and got sitted. Wah, happening wor! YY was also there. I was sitting behind YY and KY was sitting at my back. Ahahaha...The noisy trio in the same column! We were sitting in the center of the exam hall while the boys were sitting quite far away from us, at the right side.

The examiners started to distribute the exam papers. When I got my copy, I was so surprized to find that the exam papers were being recycled from the earlier exam session. There were some scribble and answer marks on my copy. The questions were in objective and there were 100 of them. It's been ages since I last took any exam. My mind suddenly turned blunt. I was scratching my head and find it a bit difficult to get the correct answer in a speedy manner, like in my heyday.

After answering a few questions, I spotted something wrong. How come my set of exam questions had suddenly increased to 200? How come another 100 questions had suddenly and magically been added on top of the original set of questions? Shit! Was I shading the correct answers on the right answer sheet?

KY whispered to me.
KY: Eh, put your answer sheet sideway a bit ya. We all share share the answers.
Me: Ok ok, no problem!

I continued scratching my head with the objective questions.

Moments later, KY whispered to me again, like Columbus had discovered new found land.

KY: Fuyoh! My paper was used by a very smart student earlier on. I know him. He is very smart one! I've got answers for all the questions. There are answer marks left by him on the exam question paper. His answers are sure correct one!
Me: Wah! Then we don't need to scratch our heads liao!

Gosh! We were cheating!!! How come? How come?

'Dwi dwit dwi dwit dwi dwit...' My alarm clock rang. I woke up, laughing, and all my 'how comes' had been automatically answered. It was merely a series of strange and funny dreams. Ahahahaha... :D

1 comment:

ml said...

Ahahahaha... anything can happen in a dream! :D