Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Facebook Mania!

I have been seriously hit by the Facebook mania recently! "Are you on Facebook?" is the hot question asked lately.

When I first heard about Facebook from JL, saying it's the IN thing nowadays, I just took it lightly as another friendster, Hi5 or multiply kind of site, without much interest in signing up. The second time I heard people mentioning Facebook was when JT asked me the same hot question of "Are you on facebook?". I didn't give it a damn as well. Later on, I started to receive facebook invitations that kept flooding my mailbox. Out of curiousity, I decided to sign up.

Wow, damn! It's such an interesting whole new world out there on the Facebook. Initially, I was still a little bit confused and clumsy when using its features. After a while of exploration, I have started to get the hang of it. There's so much fun and discovery. There are so many things that you can do and cool applications that you can play around with in Facebook. Till this very moment, there are still a lot more for me to explore.

The best part of it, people who have lost in space or evaporated ages ago all emerge on the Facebook like a submarine resurfacing. I have found quite some long lost friends there and am in touch with them again. How wonderful! I have even made a kinda outcasted dear friend from the Internet, Ms. Aeroplane Ho to sign up in Facebook to be in touch with the rest of our old friends. What a reunion. Facebook is really connecting and reconnecting people.

With the borderless platform provided by Facebook, I suddenly feel closer to people in my friend list, no matter how close or how far apart they are from me.

The downside of it, Facebook can be quite addictive! I have been having quite a number of late nights, exploring or playing around with Facebook. I have been playing scrabulous with KY and and EL, eerrr.... don't ask me at what time, OK? Ahahahaha... :D

If you still have no idea what Facebook is all about, check it out at www.facebook.com. Watch out, you can be hit by the Facebook mania! Opps, free promo for Facebook! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find the Scrabulous thing very addictive. That's about it.. and also you get to see who sent to who drinks and that sort of stuffs. It's a fun thing.